Golden beet salad with apple, carrot, black cherry vinaigrette on endives and cilantro
Ingredients: Yields 4 to 6 platesFor the Salad:2 Endives (remove bruised outer leaves, remove 5 leaves for presentation and finely slice the center pieces)8 oz golden beet , or 1 ea. candy beet (I like the golden beets as they do not stain like Red beet, wash, peel and grate coarse)1 golden apple (peel and grate coarse)8 oz carrots (about 2 carrots, peel and grate through a medium grater)10 sprigs cilantro (wash, remove the leaves from the stems, dry on paper towel)
For the dressing: 3 Tablespoons of Yogurt (my favorite yogurt is Trader Joe brand: plain organic whole milk, or any plain Yogurt) 3 Tablespoons of Black Cherry Juice, 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Salt, or white miso paste (if you use miso paste, dissolve it in the Black Cherry juice, with a small whisk) to tasteProcedureFor the dressing:
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the yogurt with the juice, salt or miso.
- Add the oil and mix until homogenous.
- As needed change seasonings
To assemble the Salad:
- Mix in a medium size bowl, the golden beet, apple, and Carrots
- Add the dressing as needed, and season with additional salt as needed.
- Serve on a platter placing the beautiful outer leaves on a platter
- Place the beet, apple and carrot salad in the center,
- Sprinkle to finish with cilantro.
Notes: It is ok to substitute golden beets with two cups of salad of your choice as they are not always available on the markets, baby greens usually come already triple washed, and you just have to remove possible bruised leaves.